Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fiction vs. Non-Fiction

Hello and welcome to my blog!

One thing you will find about the posts to come = fiction vs. non-fiction. It hit me recently: I had just finished a fiction book by Ted Dekker that I quite enjoyed (I read it within 48 hours of beginning!). A few days later I picked up a non-fiction book on how to reach people by Craig Groeschel. It occurred to me – if I didn’t take what I was learning and actually apply it, the book is, in essence, another good fiction book.

Don’t get me wrong – I’ve been reading non-fiction books by the likes of John Maxwell and others for years – and applying the concepts in my life. The trick was that this time, I was reading about how to revamp a ministry to become more effective in reaching people. I wasn’t sure if I was in a position to make these changes in my church. The list of excuses goes on. The point is that you can take what you read here on this blog and just sit and enjoy it…. oooooooooooor you can stand up and apply it in your life. I can’t say everything I post is perfect – we are all fallen beings – but I will do everything I can to bring you relevant, useful, applicable posts.

Again, welcome to the blog, and let the non-fiction begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment